Overcome You're IBD, Crohn's and Ulcerative Colitis

Check My Site out Today (Lots of Awesome Info)
http://www.crohnsboy.com/

CrohnsBoy Videos

Loading...

1000s Have Beat Crohn's Disease and Ulcerative Colitis? Please Check My website out

CrohnsBoy.com do not let anyone tell you that you can't overcome your IBD

Search CrohnsBoy's BLOG

Monday, November 9, 2009

Vitamin D3 Help with Crohns??


Hi everyone I spoke with this guy named Mike who has taken higher doses of Vitamin D3and he said it has drastically improved his health drastically. I would like to hear from anyone who decides to try this out. I would also suggest you watch this video as this doctor does a great job at talking about Vitamin D and somethings you should do when taking it etc. If you guys have any questions for Mike his email is below so feel free to drop him a line.


Hi, its Mike from Nevada I want to say I was so sick from Crohns for almost 20 years, bleeding, couldn't leave the house because it was so bad. I read somewhere Vitamin D3 mighthelp, so I startedtaking it at 2000 iu a day then to 10000 iu a day. Its been about 3weeks now and everything stopped, I feel better than I did as a kid. If you do take the higher doses of D3 many doctors say you must check your blood levels so you don't overdose. Give It ashot its under 5 bucks at most any grocery store and let me know.

Thanks Mike (hewlettthomas@mac.com)

2 comments:

Jeff said...

I've had INCREDIBLE RESULTS with vitamin D. To be clear, Vitamin D has been the best treatment for me in eight years with Crohn's disease.

I was diagnosed with Crohn's in 2003. In February 2011, I went for a physical and again complained about fatigue. My doctor noted my vitamin D was a bit low and put me on 50,000 units of Vitamin D2 once per week for 12 weeks. I very soon started feeling MUCH, MUCH better. Health improved all around--Crohn's symptoms very significantly reduced, huge increase in energy, huge increase in productivity.

Still felt awesome for 2 months after I stopped taking the high doses. Then I had a month of not feeling great--may've had bronchitis. I went and got my Vitamin D checked. When I was first found to be vitD deficient in late February, I was told I had a 24 vitD level (in mainstream medicine, "normal" is 30-100). After 3 months of high-dose D and then 2 more months without it, my level was only at 38. The point: While I think the high-doses boosted my vitamin D level, they didn't keep my level high for long after I stopped taking them.

I then started taking Vitamin D (this time D3--I didn't know I'd been on D2)--and initially had fantastic results. The results somewhat faded, though--I think I probably took too much. I found out I'd been prescribed D2 initially and decided to give that a try. I again had great results but then started feeling like I'd taken too much. Got tested and had a high level (130), so I decided to stop taking it for a while.

While I know all the authorities online say D3 is superior to D2, D2 did work wonders for me--and for that reason, I may just now try to replicate my dosing with D2.

No matter which form you try, though--D3 or D2--definitely give Vitamin D a try.

Jay said...

Hey Jeff there was no contact info for me to respond to you as I had a few questions for ya dude. If you see this drop me a line using the contact info on crohnsboy.com

There was an error in this gadget