The END OF ALTERNATIVE protocols, supplements etc............this is a great REAL CURES Email Alert That I want to Share with everyone reading my BLOG. Please paste this link on your FB accounts, websites etc WE Must do our part to STOP this. Lets spread this grade 10 chain letter style lol :) We are witnessing changes take part as we speak..........people are finally starting to group together as we are FED up with the too big to fails pharma, banking and many more......... THIS IS OUR TIME to CHANGE IT UP
- Hello, my name is [name] and I am a constituent of [name of Senator or Representative].
- I am very concerned about the new FDA draft guidance on dietary supplements and new dietary ingredients.
- [Feel free to tell them about the supplements you take and/or the benefits you get from those supplements. Then feel free to make as many of the following points as you like:]
- Supplements have an unrivaled safety record. Statistics show they're safer than drugs, safer than medical devices, safer than cosmetics, and even safer than food.
- The FDA cannot define New Dietary Ingredients so broadly. According to these guidelines, almost everything is a New Dietary Ingredient. This will strangle innovation and deprive consumers of the supplements they depend on for their health.
- The FDA did nothing about new dietary ingredients for 17 years. Now they want to wipe out 17 years' worth of innovation and 17 years' worth of benefits to the consumer.
- When the Dietary Health Supplement Education Act was passed, Congress intended a simple notification process for new dietary ingredients. The FDA is turning this into a pre-approval scheme, which goes against the intent of the law.
- The FDA already has ample regulatory authority to take action against a product if it's unsafe. They don't need to have this pre-approval power, too.
- These could be disastrous to public health. At a time when preventative measures are even more important to health care costs, the FDA is limiting access to preventative health care.
- The cost of complying with these guidelines would be astronomical. Experts estimate that the studies required would cost between $100,000 and $200,000 per ingredient notification. That adds up to millions of dollars per supplement company. Smaller companies would not be able to afford this and would go out of business.
The economy is already hurting and we have high unemployment. Experts estimate that this could cost the economy tens of billions of dollars and result in the loss of tens of thousands of jobs.
- The government's resources are already stretched. We have record budget deficits and record debt. Why enact more regulations when there are no safety issues here?
- I request that Congress direct the FDA to carefully review their draft guidance. If they do not amend the guidance to reflect my concerns, I request that Congress call hearings at the end of the review process. I also call on Congress to write legislation that would "grandfather" all supplements currently on the market.
- Thank you for your time.